Justice for Luis Góngora Pat launches a new effort in support of citizen oversight of the San Francisco Police Department. We call it The People’s Police Observatory. As part of this effort, we will aggregate and publish publicly available data on police abuses and impunity for further community applications, and disseminate summaries of our findings.
We seek a sea change in police conduct, transparency and accountability. It is high time that San Francisco government institutions acted to make accountable those SFPD officers who harm civilians, violating their most basic human and civil rights.
With your help, we will increase and improve the quality of our observations and oversight. Please write to us at justice4luis @ gmail.com to inform us of additional data you may have collected to include in our table, preferably with a link to a reliable news or data source, or a report that you’d like to publish based on the observatory’s information.
Below is a link to our main database and a list of mini reports published based on our database information:
BASE DATA SET
- SFPD Shootings, Scandals and Impunity from 2011-2017: A Database for Community Oversight!
- Directly download the excel database by clicking here. 02.19.2018
District Attorney’s Scorecard on Charging Killer Cops
- 24 People Killed by SFPD—since 2011 when D.A. Gascón entered office—and 0 Charges (Summary report, April 2018)
- D.A. Gascón’s Scorecard on OIS from 2011-MARCH 2018: A 100% Police Impunity Rate! (Updated report)
- D.A. Gascón’s Scorecard on OIS from 2011-2017: A 100% Police Impunity Rate!
Disproportionate Police Killing of People of Color in San Francisco
- Police shootings in San Francisco from 2011-MARCH 2018: The Disproportionate Killing of Black and Brown People! (Updated report)
- Police shootings in San Francisco from 2011-2017: The Disproportionate Killing of Black and Brown People!
Other SFPD Abuses
Launching of the People’s Police Observatory