We’ll keep you informed of special events here. Please also join our Facebook Page dedicated to Justice and Honor for Luis Góngora Pat here, which is actively maintained with the latest information.
- Sat. October 7th, 2017 10am at altar on Shotwell and 19th, Walk to Dolores Park. Lunch at 11:30am at Dolores Park. 10/7 marks one year and a half since the murder of Luis Góngora Pat by two SFPD officers. We will celebrate the Life of Luís with a picnic at Dolores Park to honor all of our supporters on this journey for justice.
- Facebook Event Page: 1.5Y Life of Luis Commemoration & Thank You Picnic! Please RSVP if you will stay for lunch to get an approximate headcount.
- Fri. October 6th, 2017. “Hilando la vida de un maya/ Threading the life of a mayan” Altar in honor of Luís Demetrio Góngora Pat and the women in his family who are left mending the threads of a ruptured migration story. Collaborators. José Góngora Pat, Paz de la Calzada and Adriana Camarena with Luís Poot Pat and LisaRuth Elliot in assistance
- Fri. October 6th Opening Night of Remembrance and Resistance: Day of the Dead Altars at SOMARTS
- Exhibition on view Friday, October 6–Thursday, November 9, 2017. Extended gallery hours: Tuesday–Friday 12–7pm, Saturday 11am–5pm & Sunday 11am–3pm.
- 934 Brannan Street, between 8th and 9th
- Free admission during gallery hours. Some special events are ticketed.
- Sat. April 8th, Chicano Film Festival in the Mission, Hosted by La Raza Centro Legal, Participation on panel
- Fri. April 7th, 10am, March Against Police Terror in the Sanctuary City: One Year Anniversary event in honor of Luis Góngora Pat, killed by SFPD, Organizers
- Sun. April 2nd, 3pm, weekend Civic Hackathon – Building the First Police Accountability Platform, organized by Raheem Ai, Participation on Panel
- Tue. March 7th, 10am, Altar keeping and prayer for Luis. https://www.facebook.com/events/1038991242900595/
- Tue. March 7th, 3pm, Keep SFPD Accountable! BOS Follow Up Meeting to Review Findings! https://www.facebook.com/events/1265766553505302/
- Mon. March 13th, 1:30pm, Pack the Court! 1st hearing in fed civil case of Góngora v SFPD https://www.facebook.com/events/164331607413860/